Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, the holidays were fantastic, back to the grind, and back to Gunpla? What's in store for the new year?

I have found myself with so many kits I have constructed from the head to the waist unit, I guess I have some subconscious thing about finishing the legs! So that being said January will be spent finishing up the Unicorn Gundam and Gundam MK. II HD since most of them are already done. Last night I applied some Tamiya clear red to my Gundam Unicorn's Destroy Mode, I prefer it over the slight hue of pink it had before. Bleh!

Project Strike Freedom restoration has been started, some of you know this was my first real MG build and I was a complete novice/noob/tool what have you with it, so i've been sanding away all the nubs and what not, I filled in the lazy parts Bandai didn't actually gold plate myself, i've erased all the panel lines with a great Gundam Paint Eraser marker and redid them with a GOLD gundam marker, it looks fantastic.

A few orders came in from over the holidays, which included the waterslide decals for the above project for Strike Freedom. Two more kits were added to the list of to-dos! MG Gundam Deathscythe EW and the Qubeley!

I said back to Gunpla yet I failed to mention I did actually Gunpla in North Carolina where I successfully built the MG Nu Gundam. Overall it was a good and easy build, though i'm somewhat disappointed at the bulky appearance and how flimsy the fin funnels where which I fixed with sticky tac.

Well back to work! Seeya!

Also a side note, those of you interested in Gunpla should really check out Gundam Guy's new store GG Infinite! Great service! http://gginfinite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment