Monday, January 10, 2011

Johnny Ridden's Zaku II Ver. 2.0 LED/WEATHERING WIP #1

Well I was able to get some work down on the Ridden's Zaku II last night, got to play with the Tamiya Weather Mastering kit for the first time and proved to have some interesting results, I need to hone my skills as to where to place the weathering on the kit but overall for my first try I am happy with the results. All weathering was done with the Soot tamiya weathering and applied with a weathering stick, plus a silver Gundam marker and a pin vise for a bullet hole in the just that still needs to be refined a bit.

Also I did some head mods to place the LED unit safe and snug, that part still needs some work as the helmet is not closed as much as I would like it to be but it's working so far! Another area I need to work on is my photography skill when it comes to bright lights. As you will see, the LED unit in the mono-eye comes off bright in my casual pic below, I will attempt some better grade photos later when I purchase the materials for a better setup because this picture doesn't really capture the weathering I did the right way either especially the top half of the model.. Keep up the Gunpla, Newtypes


No comments:

Post a Comment