Wednesday, January 19, 2011

RX-78-2 Gundam Ver. 2.0 Weathered

So I got something done today on my day off. I successfully weathered the RX-78-2 Gundam Ver. 2.0 and the results are amazing! I put the Tamiya Weathering Master to the ultimate test, one the original Gundam itself and the outcome really makes this Ver. 2.0 kit SHINE....well not really, but you know what I mean :D

I primarily used the Soot palette on the Gundam, I also have another weathering master kit with an oil stain pallete I also used in certain colored parts such as the blue and the red parts. I applied a Silver Gundam marker to apply some metal scratching to the armor. It really was weathering in a simplistic manner, I may go back in add actual damage to the kit but i'm thinking i'll just preserve it just how it is. It's nice to see this kit at 100% complete unless something crazy comes up, it's very fitting since it's the first Gundam I completed fully, and it's actually the first Gundam! Keep up the Gunpla, Newtypes!




2 comments:

  1. I must say that is some solid weathering! Not over done and just nice ^^ So you applied the soot to the edges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the soot was applied to the edges, i'm currently working on this more to correct some minor mistakes, like the metal scratches appearing too mirror like :P

    ReplyDelete