Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You are unfit to be a Gundam Meister! Issue #1








 So i'm going to do something here to keep me learning the best I can. These articles will not track my accomplishments, no, they will keep track of my failures! So let's go through some of the frustations of my current projects!

MG 1/100 Gundam Mk. II Ver. 2.0 AEUG HD
So this kit started out with trouble, when assembling the left arm and moving it very slightly, something went terrible wrong and I'm not sure what but the majority of the left arm's frame crumbled into pieces. Was this faulty plastic or something I did when constructing? Probably. Well I thought I could salvage it with super glue and I did, but when the whole suit came together and held a weapon, when I tried to move the arm to aim the gun to the right, the arm....came right off! So at this point the inner frame is shot and some pieces of the armor fell victim to excessive super gluing. So GG Infinite to the rescue. Replacement parts on order!

MG 1/100 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam OVA ver.
This kit well until I tried to transform the left skirt and well...snap! So I glued the left skirt permanently in Destroy Mode, it looks good but prevents me from transforming back to Unicorn mode. .......Replacement parts on order from GG Infinite!

MG 1/100 Wing Gundam
Took apart the head unit to paint the eyes and remove the horrible foil sticker....Face dropped into the abyss and I cannot find it anywhere. So now it rests in Neo Bird Mode until...you guessed it, replacement parts from GG Infinite come in.


MG 1/100 Char's Gegloog Ver. 2.0
Minor fail here. Lost the targeting clear piece that goes in the rifle. Ordered replacement for that.


MG 1/100 Strike Freedom Full Burst Mode 
This kit was moved various times during construction and somewhere along the line two parts that make up the scope on both of it's rifles ended up missing, replacement parts for it ordered for the Strike Freedom Restoration Project

That's it for now, but alas, you cannot learn without first failing so expect more of these issues and brutal honesty in the style of Tieria Erde, and if you haven't picked up on it, I'm really grateful for GG Infinite's Replacement Part service. So if you are in trouble head over there, fill out the form and be sure to name your Kit, your Runner name and part! Also worth noting GG Infinite just restocked with a bunch of model up parts to really enhance your final product. Check it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment