Friday, March 11, 2011

Major 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami Hit Japan

My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone affected by this disaster, especially my fellow gunplars. I hope you are all safe and well during this time of crisis. I keep following the new stories here in the states and it just gets getting more crazy to watch the footage of these things taking entire towns. Again, I really hope our community is safe and sound, gunpla is secondary to the human lives we must protect....that being said, it is still sad to see the following:

UPDATE #2: Yeah, the 1/1 RX-78-2 Gundam Statue at Shizouka has become a victim in this. I hope you get repaired and look good as new soon buddy! THIS WAS A FRAUD. 1/1 Gundam at Shizouka still standing.


UPDATE #1: There seems to be some speculation now amongst the community that this has been photo-shopped, I examined the picture closer and there are key items here that may make that true, this has not been confirmed yet and I will keep on top of this story the best I can, if this was a joke by some cruel person, you should be ashamed of yourself for making light of a terrible tragedy and I don't mean the Gundam statue.

Just to give you some idea what happened here, I found a photo on MSNBC.com that really takes you back and realize how terrible this tsunami was:

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with anyone affected by this tragedy, Keep your Chins up, Newtypes.

New Image from Twipic by hideusj, provided by Styx, Tsunami photo courtesy of MSNBC

No comments:

Post a Comment